BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Impromptu Guests- By Morgan

Being that it is Wednesday, and I just remembered that I have company coming to dinner tomorrow I am forced to plan an impromptu dinner party.  The good news is that my dinner guests are very close family friends- so no rack of lamb required.  The bad news is that Mr. Mustache is as picky an eater as my Pretty Much Husband...hmmm.

I've got it.  I will do Grilled lemon chicken- simple and always delicious.  I also created a new salad that I am officially addicted to and will call "Freaking Great Salad".  I'm thinking that some wild rice will not only accompany the chicken and FG Salad but it will be easy, quick and picky-proof. 

Grilled Lemon Chicken

Marinate skin on chicken pieces in the following concoction:

olive oil- 1/4 cup
dash or ten of salt and pepper
juice of a large lemon
1 squirt of Dijon mustard
2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
1/4 of a red pepper- finely chopped

I am most likely going to marinate the chicken for twenty minutes- which is the minimum amount of time needed...that's how I roll.  Also I should go to the grocery store today to get the ingredients...but I will feel tired by the time I leave my office and I will put it off until last minute.  Therefor- although I would ideally like to marinate the chicken for an hour- unless I want to serve Mr and Mrs. Mustache dinner at 9pm, 20 minutes will have to do. 
Once your chicken has hopefully marinated longer than mine- grill it about 7-8 minutes a side on a high temp grill. 

While your marinating your chicken go ahead and start the Freaking Great Salad.  You will need:

Organic Spring Mix- the one I get is full of clovers and sprouts and non lettuce looking greens. Its super!
1 ripe Avocado
As much thinly sliced red onion as your heart burn can handle
thinly sliced apple- your favorite kind
a handful of raisins
half of a skinned and sliced cucumber
a handful of crumbled blue cheese

For the dressing I do equal parts Maple Syrup (VT made of course) and equal parts balsamic vinegar.
Delicioso!  I'm going to be gulping sipping ice cold Sauvignon Blanc- I love the inexpensive Barefoot.  It is crisp, and grape fruity without being sweet.  Its a perfect Thursday wine.
 For my center piece ( I have no trim on my dining room walls, but I will have a center piece) I will fill a white porcelain bowl with lemons to go with my lemon theme.... which will make me crave Lemoncello..Better get some of that too! 
I will be sure to let you know how my Impromptu Dinner Party goes- also I will be trying out Jessie's Bloody Mary beef Pie on Sunday...can't wait!

0 comments: