BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Success- by Morgan

What you don't want to hear from dinner guests- Why don't you make anything normal?  You see, here in Forestdale normal food does not have crumbled blue cheese- or flavor. 
Actually, despite the wise crack Mr and Mrs. Mustache really enjoyed my chicken- freaking great salad and wild rice.  Mr. had never had wild rice before- yes folks there are people out there who have only had white rice..shocking I know.  The even more shocking thing was that a) he tried it and b) he liked it so much that he requested that Mrs. buy it for him...mission accomplished- I am single handed-ly inserting culture into the residents of Southern Vermont- one dish at a time.

As for the Bloody Mary pie- I have not had a chance to make it as...my oven died.  I am planning however to invade the home of a friend with a functioning oven with the promise of bringing with me the ingredients for the dish.  Have any of you tried it?  Let me know.

Jessie- I was also thinking that I would love to try and make my own pasta- as in from scratch.  I'm thinking that an afternoon of pasta making, red wine and Frank Sinatra will fill the creativity void that I have been feeling.  Thoughts?

0 comments: